- Oct 31, 2022
As we look forward to a new year, the Chamber will accept nominations for its Annual Business Awards through December 9. This year we are adding a new Emerging Business category to our traditional Business of the Year, Corporate Citizen, and Chamber Volunteer awards. We will also introduce an award that will rotate categories annually, beginning with a Franchise of the Year presentation.
“The Annual Business Awards have always given us a great start to the year as we honor members who represent the best of the Chamber,” explains Executive Director Kathi Quinn. “We are adding awards that will draw attention to newer businesses, ones that will be the driving forces of the community in the future.”
Presented at the Annual Meeting in the spring, the Business Awards recognize members who exemplify high standards for business success, community involvement and commitment to the organization. All members are encouraged to submit the names of companies or individuals that they feel fit the qualifications:
- The Business of the Year is honored for significant growth, outstanding customer service, and leadership in its industry. Recent award winners include Grill House, FGK Services, and Unique Upholstery, Carpet & Rug Cleaning.
- The Corporate Citizen Award recognizes a company that goes above and beyond to support the general community through philanthropy and civic involvement . Corporate Citizens from the past three years include Saf-T-Gard International, Glenbrook Hospital, and AA Service.
- The Volunteer of the Year Award goes to an individual who consistently contributes time and energy to strengthen the Chamber organization. The most recent honorees include Gail Eisenberg, P.J. Weiland, and Matt Settler.
- New this year, the Emerging Business Award will salute an entrepreneurial enterprise that has built a successful record in five years or less of existence. Candidates for this award will have the added distinction of surviving and thriving in the wake of the pandemic.
- The Franchise of the Year Award will be given to a franchisee whose local business demonstrates excellence in growth, customer service, and community commitment.
Nomination forms are available on the Chamber website. Members are welcome to nominate themselves or their peers by December 9. Winners will be profiled in the February newsletter and will be presented with their awards in a ceremony at the 2023 Annual Meeting. For more information about the Chamber’s Business Award program, contact Kathi Quinn.