- Sep 01, 2015
The Northbrook Chamber of Commerce, a 50 year old business association with more than 735 members, is seeking a Membership Director to lead recruitment and retention efforts.
Job Title: Director of Membership & Marketing Services
Reports to: President
Director of Membership & Marketing Services has primary responsibility for recruiting and retaining Chamber membership. The Director will work to engage members in Chamber activities and to respond to the needs expressed by the membership. This full-time position is compensated with salary and commission.
Areas of Responsibility
Membership Development & Retention
- Actively solicit new memberships through a variety of methods including networking, member referrals, and cold calls.
- Identify and maintain a database of key information on prospective members.
- Develop specific strategies to attract targeted industry sectors, refining them as needed.
- Carefully track and monitor progress of prospects to maximize the total number of new memberships
- Track and monitor all sales goals on a monthly basis and provide necessary reports.
- Ensure new members are completely and correctly entered into the Chamber database and appear on the Chamber’s web site.
- Cross-sell members other Chamber services, such as event sponsorships, newsletter inserts, and website advertising.
- Maintain regular contact with members about their satisfaction with the Chamber, our products and services, and seek ways to improve.
- Provide input to the President and Board on new services or benefits identified as important through member input.
- Manage the Chamber’s Ambassador program to support membership recruitment and retention.
- Oversee tracking of late renewals (30-60 days) and ensure appropriate contact for getting input and securing payment. Report members to be dropped to the Board at its monthly meetings.
- Schedule and coordinate Business After Hours, First Friday, new member orientation and other programs deem appropriate to serve the membership.
- Attend monthly programs to ensure active participation by new and existing members, and to familiarize prospective members with Chamber functions and benefits.
- Attend Chamber Board and committee meetings as necessary to provide information and leadership, as well as receive important input.
- Manage advertising sales for the Chamber’s website
- Coordinate newsletter insert advertising.
At least 2 years of outside sales experience.
Demonstrated success in sales prospecting and closure
Ability to work well in a team environment.
Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Proficient computer skills.
Experience in a non-profit or membership-based organization preferred.